What do maids do? What are the reasons someone would want to hire maid services? Historically, maids were full-time employees that worked for the household doing laundry,
cleaning the house, ironing and cooking. They often lived in the same household as the family that they were working for. After the industrial revolution, things changed a lot and nowadays maid services are performed by professional companies that work for different clients to perform cleaning chores.
Maids’ services mostly include the house cleaning chores, such as washing floors, windows, walls, dusting, cleaning the kitchen and the bathroom. Maids are hired either when the cleaning is needed or booked to provide a recurring service, such as weekly or monthly. Maids can work for households or businesses.
So, what can be the reasons to hire Maid services?
- Lack of time:- For busy professionals and families with kids, there might be very little time to do the cleaning chores. No one likes to live in a messy house, so if time doesn’t allow you to clean the house when needed or clean it in a way that you would like it to be done, leave it to the professionals to do it. If you are working full time and have kids, chances are finding time to clean is very difficult, so if the budget allows hiring cleaners can be a great solution to the problem.
- You don’t want to do it:- Let’s be honest, most people don’t enjoy cleaning, scrubbing, washing and vacuuming. It’s tedious and hard work and it needs to be done often. So in this case you might have the time, but you’d rather do something else with it, like the things you want to do instead of scrubbing sinks and toilets, washing walls or kitchen cabinets. Hiring professional cleaners will allow you to get more time for going out, spending time with kids, doing sports, reading or working on creative projects. Or whatever it is you like to do with your time – it’s your choice!
- Quality:- Professionals know their work. They are trained to clean thoroughly and use the right tools and right cleaning solutions to provide the most efficient work. There is a lot that goes into the proper cleaning – the wood surfaces need a special wood protection cleaner, while in the kitchen you need robust cleaners that are designed to deal with grease, tough stains and that can neutralize bacteria to keep your family and pets safe. Scrubbing tough stains can take a lot of time and energy and professionals can deal with it more efficiently. Using the wrong product can damage your things or not provide the cleaning that is necessary.
- Health and safety:- If you don’t follow a good cleaning schedule in your house and only do the cleaning when you find time, or only when you feel like it, bacteria can grow and spread. The kitchen is the most commonplace for bacteria to show up. If dishes are left too long and take a lot of space in the kitchen, it’s easy to accidentally touch them and spread germs in the rest of the house. Besides, the kitchen has many other places that often get overlooked during the regular cleaning such as sink and drain, fridge, inside of the coffee maker and many others. It actually takes a long time to clean the kitchen to the point that it is completely safe and doesn’t harbour any dangerous bacteria, so you can hire the maids to remove some or all of the cleaning load off your list. Bacteria can stay on surfaces for up to 4 days if not cleaned properly. And because we don’t see the germs, not having ongoing cleaning can cause problems for the health of your family and pet.
- Peace of mind:- You don’t need to worry about finding time to clean. A clean house feels more comfortable and peaceful, so you can relax and enjoy your time. If you like hosting friends and family for dinners or barbeque parties, having a clean house will save you from the embarrassment and stress of having to clean before the event.
Now that you know all the reasons to hire maid services and perhaps even have your own reasons, the question is how much does maid service cost? The cost will usually vary depending on the size of the home and the cleanliness of the areas. Some places will only need a light clean, others require much deeper cleaning and take double the time, so there is no exact price that anybody can give you without looking at the areas that need to be cleaned first. You can always call maid services and schedule a quote appointment. Then you’ll know the price for future services.
So, hiring maid services will save you time, free your schedule of the chores you don’t enjoy doing and ensure the quality of service. Professional ongoing cleaning will keep your house germ-free and ensure peace of mind.